Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Wawa's

The birth of our little boy has prompted the makings of this blog. I never thought our lives were exciting enough to blog about, but we are so excited about our little Luke and we want to share him with all our friends and family. Luke Thomas was born June 1st. He was 8 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long. Everything went smoothly in the hospital so after the first night we decided it was time to venture home.
I thought being a pediatric nurse would make being a mother easier...NOT SO MUCH.
Doug and I didn't even make it home before we ended up at the pediatricians office and one week later we had met nearly every doctor in the practice. All minor ailments luckily, but emotions ran high and I over reacted to every little thing.

Luke ended up on Billi lights for a couple of days for Jaundice. The poor guy hated sleeping on the "flat bed scanner" as Doug called it. He was constantly cold and uncomfortable. A few days later his billi levels started to drop and he was much more alert and happy.

We were very fortunate to have lots of help the last few weeks. My mom helped me through the emotional roller coaster of medical issues the first week, and Doug's mom, Joyce, came to stay with us for the next three weeks. It was great to have help with the laundry, dishes and late nights...Doug and I even got a sushi date night. We were able to get out quite a bit and spent a Sunday morning in Liberty Park.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

YEAH!!! Another blog to stalk. And I just think your little guy is SO cute....now i can see more of him. I especially love the sipia toned pic. That's a "framer!"

Julie said...

Hooray! I am so glad that you started a blog. Now I don't have to go 6 months without knowing what you are up to!