Sunday, August 31, 2008

Random thoughts on parenting

Our trip to the East Coast was wonderful, and we were spoiled and treated like royalty, but as we were sitting on the plane home I was feeling like a terrible parent.
The first time your child is sick, stinks. Doug and I had picked up a cold which Luke also seemed to get. We were also anxious to get home and relax with Luke before Doug started school and I went back to work. Unfortunately, Delta had other plans for us. Our flight home was delayed eight hours, all of which was spent sitting in a tiny airplane seat. Ugh!

After about 3 or 4 hours of waiting to take off, I was at the end of my rope. The baby started crying, and we were in window seat (trying to soothe a fussy baby without
inconveniencing everyone around you on a plane is stressful). I was debating whether or not to get off the plane or just hold out for the next "few minutes" until we were cleared for take off. Ultimately I decided to stay on the plane. The thought of getting off the plane, riding in a dirty taxi, staying in a hotel, another taxi back to the hospital as well as the traumatic trip through security and worrying about all the germs I am exposing my 2 month old to was just too much for me at that point in time.
Needless to say we were all
exhausted and slept a lot when we got home.


Everything takes 3 times as long and is way over complicated as a parent. For example making dinner when your child doesn't want to lay down and wont fall asleep in his crib...gotta love it!
Also, isn't he the cutest baby?! I mean really! Here he is in the super cute hat that Grammy mad for him.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Absolutely a cute baby! I just love that face! Looks like the east coast trip was awesome.

ps. Love the new blog layout!

Jami said...

Sarah,
Your blog is so cute! I love the background. You will have to teach me how to be digitally creative! Your baby is getting so big. He is adorable. Thanks for the visit the other day. I have the most awesome friends! Miss you guys!
Jami

Julie said...

Hooray! Finally a new post! What a cute little guy you have, and it looks like you had a blast back east!

Matt and Misty said...

oh my goodness! Matt and I can't believe how CUTE he is!!!! We are just dying...he has the most chubby little face...he is ADORABLE!! I wish that we could be there to squish on him! Well you guys look like you are doing well and that you are happy. I am glad that I have your blog now so that we can keep up with what you guys are doing. Love ya! Matt and Misty