Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Assisted Rolls and Quasi-Giggles: A Time of Transition

Now that Luke is getting more interested in the world, and spending more time awake, we have been spending lots of time on the floor playing.
Victory loves this! She loves to have the boy close to her...she tries so hard to get as close as possible, without getting in trouble. She lets Luke kick her in the face...she just loves the "attention".













Luke is very persistent about sucking his hand and thumb. As much as we try to distract him, or offer the
pacifier when he is tired, he is just not interested in anything else.










Luke is just starting to giggle, but he is a tough critic. Doug and I laugh that being parents has turned us in to idiots, but we will to just about anything for a smile!









This is such as great stage, we are enjoying watching him learn about the world.

We have been practicing rolling over... he isn't very motivated though. He just likes to be on his back where he can see everything.
I am trying not to be a competitive parent, but doesn't everyone want there kid to be the most advanced, gifted child...?

I am already starting to worry that he is getting behind, and I know its
ridiculous!!



















Here he is after a long day of playing... the poor guy... Doug says this picture makes him look like he's had a stroke. :)

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Lol....You two always keep me laughing. I love seeing new parents and how they act in comparison to pre-baby time because I'm reminded of how I reacted/react and did/do things. I fully agree that we become idiots just to get a laugh. SO worth it, though. Perhaps when they move out, we can work on getting our sanity back. But then again, maybe not...Grandkids!

Julie said...

Isn't it amazing when they first start giggling? It's the best sound in the world!!!

fillmore family said...

I agree about doing anything to get a smile or giggle... but it makes you melt :) And, who doesn't like to feel so loved? Enjoy the mommy moments... time goes by way too fast. He is so cute! And, I have to meet him :)