Tuesday, September 30, 2008

4 months!

So I haven't posted in about two weeks. Life is always crazy, but it feels like it has been really crazy the last few weeks. Finding time to post always comes secondary to my desire to sleep... and sleep is behind many other things on my list of things to take care of.

Anywho, I wanted to post a quick update about us. Luke is four months old today! While it seems like he was just born yesterday, we cant remember what life was like without him. I think it may be related to lack of sleep? Life is good though.
Luke rolled over for the first time this week, woo hoo! He also went to the Dr.'s office for his 4 month check up.
Drum roll please.....................................17 lbs 7.5 oz and 27 inches!!! The doctor laughs every time she sees him because he is so big. Apparently the size of your average 7 or 8 month old.
So he is healthy and growing well. I don't think we can ask for more than that.

I have been back to work full time for about a month. While I like working nights because I don't miss a lot of time with Luke, it is very difficult to get enough sleep. I don' know how some of the people I work with do it. I have decided to step down from my charge nurse position to give me more time at home and a less stressful schedule.

Doug is continuing to enjoy law school. This semester he has been forced to get organized. He has always been very successful as the great procrastinator, but has cut a few deadlines a little too close for comfort. He has also restarted his homebrewing podcast, and is planning a special episode during his trip to the Great American Beer Festival in a couple weeks!

So life goes on, we are happy and busy. I will post some more pictures soon!

1 comment:

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Hey! I am glad to hear that you are doing well! I can't believe how big Luke is getting, and that he is 4 Months already! Sounds like you guys are a well oiled machine with the schedule stuff! I know the feeling of busy well! good luck with everything, let us know if there is anything we can do? miss you guys and hope to see you soon.