This week I was tagged by several friends on Facebook to write 25 random facts about me. I found their posts quite entertaining, but dreaded the thought of coming up with 25 facts about me. For those of you who don't have a Facebook page this what I came up with.
Here we go.....
1. I am a total homebody. I love to spend time with Doug and Luke, and 9 times out of 10 when given the choice to go out to dinner or dine in, I will opt for the latter.
2. I have an unnatural obsession with pens. I love a good pen, and am very particular about the kind I will use. My current favorite is the Sharpie Pen.
3. I worry that people will soon discover I don't have a clue what I am doing at work. If only I were as smart as all those other nurses I work with...
4. I wish I were funny. I love being a mom because I feel like a stand up comedian most of the time... In the real world sadly I don't have that gift. Luckily I have Doug who makes me laugh everyday!
5. I am a terrible cook. I have burned instant rice, and I am pretty sure I ended up in tears the first time I tried to make homemade macaroni and cheese. Baby steps... Doug is now allowing me to cook once a week with supervision so that I can hopefully become better!
6. I enjoy reading. My favorite books have been nonfiction, and historical fiction. After Luke was born I had a hard time finding the time to read, but I have recently discovered audible...AWESOME!!! I can pack him up in the stroller, and listen to a book while we walk.
7. I have a major sweet tooth and I really wish I didn't!
8. I love to travel. My favorite spots so far are Spain and Holland. I think that I could live in Spain. The lifestyle suits me; A nice siesta in the afternoon, and late evening hours...Ahhh!
9. I love my job! Pediatric nursing is the ONLY way to go if you are a nurse. My job is challenging and there is infinite number of things to learn. I also love the people I work with, which makes going to work more fun.
10. In my "spare" time I like to sleep. I love my bed, the comforters and pillows everything about it is cozy!
11. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful husband. I know it may sound cheesy, but there is no person in the world who is better suited for me. He is always thoughtful, encourages me to be a better person and makes me laugh all the time.
12. I love my family! Doug and I are so blessed to have so many people looking out for us. We can totally feel the love even when we are thousands of miles apart, it's awesome!
13. I am so clumsy. I have tripped over speed bumps, taken headers on nice romantic walks with my hubby, fallen off ladders... the list goes on and on. I don't wear heals when carrying Luke, the consequences could be tragic.
14. My favorite food is sushi, and wish I could afford more of it.
15. I love the outdoors, fresh air and sunshine. I love to hike, camp, swim, jog, and take long walks.
16. I like to explore old buildings and read architectural digest. It gives me all sorts of ideas about how I will design and decorate my home someday.
17. I have some of the weirdest dreams. Like the time I dreamed I needed was escaping from prison. The only transportation available was a motorcycle and I couldn't ride it because I didn't have any leather...?
18. I am determined to compete in my first triathlon next spring.
19. I have a hard time spending money on myself. I will go to the store multiple times to look at an item I want. I will even walk around with it for awhile, then put it back on the shelf and never buy it. Drives Doug nuts!
20. My pet peeve is water where it doesn't belong. Like when the dog drinks out of her bowl and drips all over the floor, or wet counter tops...eweww!
21. I love to hear Luke's little voice, and the fact that his first word was "Mama" is so cool!
22. I think everything should have a place. I love to organize things and go nuts when there is too much stuff anywhere....it is visual noise.
23. I like to make lists, and checking things off makes me happy.
24. I never thought that Doug would be the better parent but he is. Doug is very cautious and conservative, and I am more laissez-faire.
25. I love the feeling of being on a boat, and would love to own my own someday.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I learned a lot of new things about you... that was fun, I have been tagged a few times over on this one too, and I think it is so fun to read random things about people, so maybe I'll give in and do it too. But, I was also going to say, that I can see you in a lot of these other things... it is so fun to see where life has taken you :)
I like the one about never buying things for yourself. I do the same thing. I never buy when I am alone. However, when I am with Matt we buy too much. The boy is a spender! You have inspired me to post my 25 things. See blog for updates.
Post a Comment