So I haven't posted in a while. I think I have been trying to recover from the holidays. Doug has started back into school, and I have taken a full time position in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. I have opted for a set schedule, which seems to be working out well.
I am enjoying working all my shifts together, Sunday days and Monday Tuesday nights. The lack of sleep the last few months has really caught up with me, and this new schedule is making things easier. My mom is great to come down on Tuesdays so I can sleep between night shifts, and Doug and Luke get to hang out on Sundays. I really miss the boys on Sundays, but the schedule makes my days off so much more enjoyable.
Wednesdays this semester are a little difficult, however. When I get home in the morning Doug has to get out the door I am launched into mommy mode without a nap... poor Luke. This week I was playing with him on the floor, and kept dozing off...Luke would yell at me whenever I did! Being a parent is tough, and I hoping that I am not causing any permanent damage to my sons self esteem or something.
I am trying to plan something to get out of the house on Wednesdays. Something to keep me awake and somewhat interactive until nap time. This thing I am looking for has become somewhat of a priority, because Luke started crawling this week, and can no longer be left unsupervised for any amount of time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is so fun to see him crawl! I can't believe it. Maybe you should try some of the baby Einstein dvd's and you could squeak in a nap. My nephew Tyler loves those!
If you need to leave the house and go to lunch (or brunch!) on Wednesdays, let me know. Anna and I would love to keep you company!
that's so adorable! I love the grunting :) He's growing up way too fast.
On the move already! Get prepared for life to be totally different.
Post a Comment