Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Last Few Weeks:

To start off, my baby sister Andrea was married to Scott Rackham in Logan two weeks ago. She looked beautiful, and we had a nice time.

We spent most of the weekend at my moms house and traveling. Luke was a trooper, but didn't any substantial naps for a couple days. My brother Keith, and his wife Heather were really great, and let us set up camp at their house the day of the wedding so Luke could have some down time. We played Wii, had take out and had an all around good time with them. Thanks Guys!

We were also very lucky to spend some time with my wonderful Grandmother, who adores Luke's dark hair :)


We found out that Keith and Heather are going to have a baby BOY in August!!!! Yeah!! I am so excited, I love being and Auntie!!



This past week has been all about Doug. He has been working hard with local homebrewers and our Legislator to pass a bill to make homebrewing legal in the state of Utah. Last year it died in the Senate, but this year it passed! He has been on Basic Brewing Radio a couple of times to talk about the bill, he as also been working closely with the American Homebrewers Association, who actually flew out their director, Gary Glass to speak in several committee hearings, and Doug has also been working closely with the Beer Nut downtown to get the word out to local homebrewers. I am pretty proud of him.
In celebration of the bill passing, the Beer Nut will be hosting a brewing competition, and we are planning a brewing party in May.
Unfortunately this past week was also a little disappointing. Doug found out he didn't get a job he was really interested in. Lots of internships have been cut, and the competition for available spots is brutal. I am sure he will find something soon, he is a very smart guy, but keep him in your prayers too :)!


This week Luke turned 9 months! He is very busy these days. He is crawling VERY quickly and into everything. He pulls himself up well and is cruising the furniture and the walls.
Yesterday was his 9 month visit to the pediatrician. Luke is now 23lbs 8 oz (88th %), and 30.5 inches (97th %).

Very proud that he climbed on top of the box.


Eating his first bagel with smear.


Tearing the magazines to shreds! (The new favorite pastime).


Sleeping in the car on the way to Annie and Scott's reception.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Looks like you have been busy. Luke is growing up so fast! He is so big. I am looking forward to seeing you tonight at dinner!

fillmore family said...

Hi Sarah! Wow, Annie got married, that is so fun! And Luke is 9 mths. old already! Time flies :) He is so adorable, and I'm so happy for all of the news of your family.

Matt and Misty said...

I love your pics. You have such a full life...you guys are blessed! Tell Doug that we said congrats! Before you know it he will have his own little pub right there on 9th and 9th!

Julie said...

So I am totally embarrassed to admit this, but I totally forgot you had a little sister! I remember Keith, but not Annie. Congratulations to her on her wedding! And congrats to Keith on a new baby boy!

Audrey said...

Ooooh, Annie, was SO pretty! I love that white cloak!

Amazing what being out of your loop for a few weeks does. Luke has hit some pretty monumental milestones. The bagel and spread, being one! How proud the fam back east must be!

And his doctor visit,...he's not big at all, is he? ;o)