Anyway, a couple of weeks ago the dishwasher started leaking and I knew the project could no longer be avoided. Because of the way the counter top was installed the dishwasher could not be removed unless the counter top was removed. Not the previous homeowners best work...
Doug and I are NOT do-it-yourself-ers... really the biggest reason this project was neglected for so long. Doug and I ventured to Lowes to look at dishwashers and the nice salesman who helped us walked us through replacing the counter top (properly).
Normally in a project like this we would call in the calvary namely, my parents. We buy lunch and they hold our hands through the project. Well, maybe they buy lunch and do most of the work while we watch in amazement...BUT, my mom helps us out every week with Luke and my dad is in a Masters program and Doug and I didn't want to put any additional stress on them so, we decided to attempt the project on our own.
Yesterday we did the demolition portion. Today the plumber installed the dishwasher and we installed the new counter top, sink, disposal, ect. I am amazed...WE DID IT and I think it looks pretty good too. :)
Here are a few photos of the project.

Before...

Goodbye ugly green counter top...

Hello, pretty new dishwasher!
(Also putting Doug's law books to good use weighing down the counter top while the glue sets).
Also as an added bonus to this blog post...Grammy, this ones for you!
We are going to encourage Luke to take up the Recorder professionally like Dwight Schrute from the office.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLUSw84vi8


7 comments:
Wow, good job. Luke's so cute!
You guys are awesome to take on such a project. I know I would screw it up. Luke is already a professional when it comes to the recorder. It is always good to explore the music side in you.
It looks soooo good! i love it!
I'm soooo proud of you! Come and do mine now.
Wow Sarah! I'm proud of you guys! that looks awesome! Good job.
Whats your next project???
Allie :)
Way to go you guys! Wish we could have been there to join in the fun! Hopefully we get to see you this weekend! Love you guys!
Well it looks really good, and I love the counter top you picked out. Nice Work!!
Post a Comment