Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Last SIX Weeks!

Jeez! Its been a while...I cant be sure if it is the warm weather, or that Doug and I have finally come out of the fog that comes with having your first child, but we are in 5th gear and cruising along.
Over the last few weeks we have done a lot of projects around the house. After the kitchen remodeling we started having trouble with our water heater. It was almost 30 years old, so I guess I am glad it didn't explode or something, but I hate cold showers, and the night before the replacement came, we were boiling water to add to Luke's bath... Yeah for hot water!


The next weekend Doug and I painted Luke's room, hung drapes and reorganized.


Then we cleaned out the basement and reorganized...


We have also spent countless hours chasing this guy around. This is his "I am going to give you hell look" which he does frequently... if only he wasn't so cute!


Doug and I got rid of our coffee table a few months ago. We just didn't think it was quite safe enough. I am now starting to wonder if it isn't time to get rid of the end table as well. The hole Luke is climbing out of used to hold a pane of glass... and now he has figured out how to get on top of the table completely so he can look out the windows (which by the way are not tempered, so they are off limits to little boys who like to pound on them!) Ahhh, the joys of living in a 100 year old house.


Here he is getting into the computer cables and wires that WERE strategically placed behind the furniture.


Luke just being cute!


At almost one year our little boy only has 4 teeth... I think we are doomed. They are all going to come in at once. Poor guy!


Luke playing in the toy box.


Doug has also been busy with finals the last couple of weeks. This is always a stressful time for him, but I think he did really well this semester. He also started a judicial clerkship for the immigration court, which he is really enjoying.

On mothers day Doug cleaned the house and took Luke to my mom's house. He gave me a full 24 hours off!! I also got a massage at Sego Lily Day Spa and a new charm for my Pandora bracelet! It was the best Mothers day gift, and just what I needed. Thanks Dougie! I love you!




And...Drum roll please... Look what I can do now!
(Sorry its sideways...I cant rotate it)

9 comments:

Audrey said...

SO...what you're trying to say is that you've been kinda busy? ;o)

LUKE WALKING!??? Yeah!

Ready for bruised foreheads?

Jami said...

That video of him walking is the cutest! He is growing up so fast. Almost 1 year already...wow! Thanks for updating the blog. I never see you, so I have to live vicariously through the blog...

got twins? said...

Luke is so cute! He looks like he keeps you running!

Kamille said...

He is so cute. Are you chasing him even more now. It just gets more exciting from here. Once they start running they never stop!!!

Annie said...

I can't believe he is walking, that is crazy. I am glad that you had a good mothers day. Your house look really good.

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Way to go on the projects! We are about to start the project stage on the baby's room! we have paint, we just need the rug and the dresser and the cutrains.. yay! I wanted to ask you where you got those curtains. I have been looking for some plain dark brown ones and don't know where to get them. Any tip is a good tip! :) I'm glad you had a good day off! It was fun to see Luke and Doug, we missed you though! talk to you soon! luv ya

Annie said...

scott: holy wow the lil guy walks. last week when doug was up here i asked him if luke was walking yut and he said not yet. so wow that was fast lol. we really should get together and do dinner or something sometime.

Julie said...

Hooray you finally updated! That video is so cute. I just love 1 year olds, they are so cute and wobbly.

Matt and Misty said...

I can't believe that you little dude is walking now!! and that he is almost one??? Where does the time go? You guys look like you a doing really good though and that life is full...which is a good thing :) We miss you guys...you should move to Porltand; it would be fun.