You know its bad when your husband is pacing and tense and your baby brings you a jar of peanut butter crying, and tells you he is hungry.
Days like today make me want to laugh and cry at the same time. Poor Doug has been searching for a job to no avail, stressing about school grades, and passing the bar. I sat down to talk to him and, reassure him that things will work out. He looked tired and proceeds to tell me that he hasn't eaten all day. Meanwhile Luke has not taken a nap, and is whining at my feet and I just couldn't help but laugh.
So much of our lives for the past year have been in what feels like survival mode.
I think we do a pretty good job of enjoying our little family, but many times we all need so much that we forget to take care of each other.
While I know we are in for more craziness this year, I am making it my new year's resolution to try and focus a little less on my needs and give a little more. I tease Doug more than I should about being the money maker. The truth is that I am very proud of him and thankful for all he does. He is a great father and husband. I am so lucky to have him in my life, and I am happy to have this opportunity to help him achieve his goals.
We are also very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who help us and cheer us on. We couldn't do all this without you.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I know things are frustrating, but you are a very strong woman and you have the cutest little family. You always have such a positive attitude. I know things will work out, just give it a little time.
Post a Comment