Monday, July 13, 2009

Lavender Days



About 6weeks ago, my good friend Audrey inspired me to start training for my first 5k. I have been trying to get back into a regular exercise routine, but there is always some way to rationalize getting out of a workout. She has five kids and was training, so I felt like I had no excuses...I signed up and got moving. It has been great getting out in the mornings, and Luke loves when we go to the park. Doug has also joined in on some of our runs, so it has been a great family activity.

The night before the race I was a complete wreck. I had worked Thursday night, and Doug had school all day Friday. I slept during Luke's nap, then when Doug got home we drove to Ogden to have a photographer take some family pictures. We finally got home around 8:30 and I still needed to get everything ready for morning because we needed to leave at 5am. After I packed, I laid down in bed and just started bawling. I was so tired I couldn't think straight. Poor Doug had gotten the brunt of my fatigue and anger, but he was sweet kissed me goodnight and put me to bed.

ahhhh, sleep!

The next morning we got up and out the door by 5:30, met up with Audrey and her family and got to the race just in time to pick up our numbers and get to the starting line. The race was in Mona, UT and was hosted by the Young Living Farm. The weather was perfect with a cool breeze, and the scenery was beautiful. The race was through miles of lavender fields and ended in the front of a large farmhouse with a lake on the property. It felt great to finish the race and see Doug and Luke waiting for me at the end. I had a great time.


Luke waiting patiently for me to finish the race.





Me & Audrey


We had a great day, and I am looking forward to another race!

2 comments:

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

Holy cow!!! Way to go girl! That is awesome you did that! congrats! I am so not a runner

Julie said...

Good Job Sarah! I loathe running, so you are awesome to me!