


This past weekend I sent Doug to Colorado for a little "mancation".
He has been very involved in his hobby of homebrewing, and is working with our local state representative to pass legislation to make homebrewing legal in the state. He started a podcast with a friend of ours and has quite a good little following.
Anyway, with Lukes arrival, he hasnt had much time to devote to his hobby for awhile. So, for our anniversary I sent him away to play.

The American Hombrewers Association puts on the Great American Beer Festival annually in Colorado. Doug was able to meet up with James Spencer, producer of basic brewing radio and video. He also met a guy from Beirut who started his own brewery. James Spencer was interviewing him for a podcast he was producing. The guy was describing the adventures of opening his own brewery in a country that otherwise doesn't have much of a craft brew culture and the troubles of brewing while bombs were dropping all around him!
Doug has been dying to go for a while, and I think he really enjoyed it.


2 comments:
What representative are you working with?
Did Sarah ever get back to you on this? I am working with Rep. Johnson. She is sponsoring the bill again this year. It is on the agenda for the Business and Labor Committee's November interim session this coming Wednesday. ( http://le.utah.gov/Interim/2008/html/00001835.htm )
Post a Comment