
We adopted Victory from the Humane Society about 3 years ago. Sadly she was a year old and had lived in the shelter her whole life. We had the great idea of adopting a dog, thinking it was cheaper than buying a pure breed. While I would adopt again, I have learned that it is not the cheap way to get a dog.

Poor Victory was so sick when we got her. She had mites, stomach issues (including worms..ugh!), allergies, and a ulcerated tail. After surgery, special dog food, medicated shampoo, medications and a little training she is now a happy healthy well adjusted dog.

She has been our baby until recently when she was displaced by Luke. She has adjusted beautifully. She is a great "big sister". Victory always lets us know when Luke is upset. She will pace in an out of his room when he wakes up and is fussy. She also likes to play with him and is very gentle.


We can take her with us anywhere and trust her to behave herself. She loves to hike, camp, and visit family. Anytime we go to my moms house she will sit in the back of the car for hours while we pack.
Victory loves to cuddle and just be loved.
I was feeling bad for her the other day, she was particularly excited. Pacing at the front door and jumping at every little sound. I thought she wasn't getting enough attention and exercise. Later that day Doug found a coffee filter with grinds in her bed in the basement. She stole it from the opened garbage can!
As dogs go, we couldn't have a better one. Her desire for love can be taxing....but she makes us laugh.






6 comments:
Oh I love that dog, she is one of my favorite dogs. By the way that bone she has is HUGE!!!
That is one good lookin dog you got there, and boy do I love her she is funny!!! By the way that is one large bone she has.
What a cute girl! I have to admit she has softened my heart for big dogs....what a sweetie! Glad to hear she is well...still! :)
That's great that Victory is good with Luke. I have a feeling Princess will have a much harder time dealing with a little baby taking her numero uno spot.
Sarah,
I loved looking at your blog. Your little boy is scrumptious!! And your dorg too!
You look so cute with your little family.
I just miss you all so much. this makes me feel closer to you!
Allie
Suesse misses victory too! they need to have a play date! ha. i'm glad Doug went with the boys shooting! sounds like they had alot of fun! what is your last name now? i need tp add you to my list, but i need your last name!
Post a Comment