Sunday, December 7, 2008

Food Glorious Food













We have been attempting for about a month to get Luke to eat food. Up until the last week he had spit it out, played in it, worn it, and gagged at the thought. I am happy to say that now he is taking foods eagerly. His favorites are carrots, squash, bananas, and oatmeal with apple juice. We finally broke down and bought a high chair too. It is much easier to feed him in than the bouncer for obvious reasons.














And while I am on the subject of food, our friends Elton and Monika came over recently to teach us how to make homemade pierogi. Monika is from Poland, and she got a recipe from her mother, so they are officially polish. We made potato cheese, as well as apple and they were so delicious! We had a great time.
The next day Doug and I attempted to make our own dough and use up the extra filling we had. I seemed to have an easier time making them than Doug, but I think its only because I have smaller hands...Everyone knows Doug is the better cook!



















































I also wanted to thank my mom for postponing Thanksgiving until Saturday. She made a spectacular dinner and we were glad to get to see everyone on Saturday and play Wii!
Thanks Mom Your Special!!!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Oooh. They look YUMMY!

Jami said...

I have never tried pierogi. Looks yummy though. Looks like you had a blast making it too!

Julie said...

Hooray for solids! Now he will start having 'man' poops!